Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hey Keith. . .post #2

[Okay, I wrote the previous post BEFORE I saw what you wrote about me, and I wrote it in response to you seeing someone write a little blog about their husband and why didn't I have something like that about you on my blog. So that explains my previous post. ]

I really don't have words to express how I feel about my husband's post "How I met my wife." It is a funny, sweet story. . . and true. It is amazing that a few minutes here or there, and I may not be where I am today, and wouldn't know the difference. Keith is an amazing man. He's been many places and done many things, and always wants to do more. I would have never done a lot of things or gone a lot of places if it hadn't been for him. He's very smart, which is a deal breaker for me. Intelligence is sexy. He's very funny, too, although sometimes at my expense. I am not the wordsmith that he is either, but I do remember the day we met and I remember the impression he made on me.

One story he neglected to tell was about Valentine's Day of our freshman year. At that time I was dating his roommate, and his roommate sent me a present through the Off Campus Aggies. Who was my delivery man? Keith. I remember thinking that I wished the Valentine gift was from Keith instead of Kyle. How ironic that I've had Keith for every Valentine's Day since.

Almost 20 years later and here we are: house in the suburbs, 3 kids, minivan, soccer, etc. If someone would have fast forwarded my life and showed me this back then I would have never believed I could be so lucky! Keith, thanks for everything and I still love you after all these years!

No comments: